A key feature of Octave is its interoperability with external, third-party cloud systems to send and receive information. The various topics listed below, describe how to different ways to programmatically set up communications between Octave and external, third-party cloud systems:
Invoking Third-party Rest APIs Through Cloud Actions or Tasks
- Issuing REST Requests from Within Cloud Actions: how to invoke external, third-party REST APIs from within Cloud Actions.
- Using a Task to Periodically Pull in External Data: how to repeatedly pull in external data such as events from RSS feeds.
Writing Data to Octave through Octave APIs
- Using the REST API in an External System: how to push data into Octave from an external cloud system using Octave's REST API.
- Controlling GPIO as an Output and Controlling Values From the Cloud: builds on the previous topic to show how the REST API can be used to control a value from externally.
- Setting a Value From a REST API Call: how to permanently and temporarily change a value on a device using the Octave REST API on an external system.
Updated 8 months ago