Through the Octave Dashboard, you can configure many aspects of your Octave Edge Device in the cloud, and then send these settings to the device.
The following topics describe the different ways of managing the different aspects of your device:
- Configuring Store and Forward: how to configure the message timer to control when events are sent.
- Configuring and Understanding Heartbeat: how to configure the device's heartbeat that notifies Octave about the device's online status.
- Configuring Developer Mode: how to set up developer mode to handle communications during device development.
- Controlling Ultra Low Power Mode: how to enable power savings.
- Organizing Devices with Tags: how to tag devices to that multiple devices can participate in certain operations.
- Creating and Managing Blueprints: how to create a configuration template (Blueprint) from a device and apply it to other devices.
- Minimizing Message Consumption on Your Device: how to minimize message usage and keep billing costs down.
Updated over 3 years ago