You can set up an inactivity timer on your Octave edge device to stop your device from connecting to the cloud after a certain amount of time.
This timer is restarted when:
- data is pushed by the device to the cloud
- data is received by the device from the cloud
Follow the steps below to set up the inactivity timer:
- Navigate to Build > Device > Resources.
- Expand cloudInterface/session_inactivity_timer/period.
- Edit the Resource's value to specify the number of seconds to set for the timer and click Set. The default value is 0 which disables the inactivity timer.
- Click Apply to save the change to the device.
This timer is not restarted for firmware-over-the-air updates (FOTA).
If a FOTA operation is scheduled while this timer is set and no data exchange occurs during the inactivity period, the device will close its connection to the cloud. However, since FOTA is an on-going process, the connection will be automatically launched and the download will be automatically resumed.
Updated about 3 years ago