A Blueprint captures an Octave edge device's Resources, Observations, Edge Actions, services, and firmware, as a versioned configuration template, that can be applied to other devices. This is useful for applying the same settings to multiple devices.
A Blueprint is created from an Octave edge device as follows:
- Navigate to Device > Blueprint.
- Click Create new Blueprint, enter a Blueprint name when prompted, and click Create. The settings from the current device that will be used in the new Blueprint are shown at the bottom of the screen.
Octave "applies" the Blueprint to the current device when the Blueprint is first created. This indicates that the current configuration on the device now corresponds to the Blueprint. This newly created Blueprint becomes Version 1.
The bottom of the Blueprint screen allows you to click on Edge Actions, Resources, Observations, and Services to list the respective items associated with the Blueprint:
To update a Blueprint with the device's current configuration settings, click Save new version:
You can see the list of available Blueprints in the Version dropdown on the Blueprint screen in Octave. This field will be only be available if at least one Blueprint has been created.
After a Blueprint has been created and saved it can then be applied to one or more devices.
Applying a Blueprint via the Blueprint Screen
Follow the steps below to apply a Blueprint via the Blueprint screen:
- While still on the Device > Blueprint screen, click Apply Other Blueprint. The Apply Blueprint screen is displayed:
- Select the devices to add (1).
- (Optional) Enable Deploy the firmware attached to the blueprint (2). This will deploy the firmware from the current device to selected devices.
- Click Blueprint and select the Blueprint (3) to apply.
- (Optional) Choose the Blueprint version (4) (the latest is selected by default)
- Click Apply Blueprint. This will apply the Blueprint to the selected devices and install any firmware on them, if this was enabled in Step 3.
Applying a Blueprint via the Device Monitoring Screen
You can also apply a Blueprint via the Monitoring > Devices screen (1) by selecting one or more devices (2) and clicking Apply Blueprint (3):
Updated 2 days ago