The following topics describe how to send data from external entities to Octave:
- Using a Task to Periodically Pull in External Data
- Issuing REST Requests from Within Cloud Actions
- Using the REST API in an External System
- Controlling GPIO as an Output and Controlling Values From the Cloud
Methods involving Octave's REST APIs require you to authenticate by providing your user name and API key. Follow the steps below to obtain your user name and API key:
- Open a browser and log in to the Octave Dashboard.
- Click on the Master Token link, located in the bottom left corner of the navigation pane. The Master Token pop up appears.
- Copy the token and the user name from this pop up. You must provide these as
X-Auth_Userheaders respectively, when invoking the endpoints.
Updated 3 months ago